Although a majority of the geological consulting and petrophysical
consulting projects completed by the Discovery Group are proprietary
and the data is subsequently private we have provided project data for
non-proprietary projects below. Additionally, we have provided details
concerning formation evaluation regional studies conducted by The
Discovery Group that are available for purchase. These particular
databases provide complete well data information, formation evaluation
information, rock catalogs, core analyses, and log analyses.
Proprietary projects and databases available for licensing
(contact us for more details):
- NEW! Bakken and Three Forks Geological and Petrophysical Database - Well header data, formation tops, digital land base, numerous maps and cross-sections, digital and raster log database, full petrophysical and lithological models on hundreds of wells in the prolific Williston Basin.
- NEW! A-1 and A-2 Carbonates: A Geological and Petrophysical Database of the Michigan Basin - Well header data, formation tops, digital land base, numerous maps and cross-sections, digital log database, petrophysical model on hundreds of wells in the Michigan Basin.
- Recently updated and expanded! Niobrara and Greenhorn Formations - Well header data, formation tops, digital land base, vitrinite-base maturity study, digitized log curves, numerous maps and cross-sections, digital log database.
- Illinois Basin New Albany and Deeper Geologic Database - Well header data, formation tops, numerous maps and cross-sections, digital log database.
- Delaware Basin Barnett Formation - Woodford Formation Shale Regional Study
- Well header data, formation evaluation including formation tops, log
analysis based estimates of density, TOC & gas in place, well
locations, key play maps.
- Ft. Worth Basin Barnett Formation Shale Regional Study and Database
- Reflects drilling and exploration activity up to 2001 for the Ft
Worth Basin`s Barnett formation and is an invaluable tool in regard to
formation evaluation of the Barnett Shale play.
- Washakie Basin Mesaverde Rock Catalog and Formation Evaluation Manual - Includes rock catalog and formation evaluation manual.
- Regional Stratigraphic Sections and Tops for the Washakie Basin Lewis-Mesaverde
Non-proprietary projects with links to data and publications:
- Mesaverde Tight Gas Sandstones from Western US Basins
- This petrophysical analysis provides formation evaluation tools
related to relative permeability, capillary pressure, rock analysis and
electrical properties in addition to algorithms for wireline log
analysis in the mesaverde tight gas sandstones of Washakie Basin, Uinta
Basin, Piceance Basin, norther Greater Green River Basin, Wind River
Basin and Power River Basin.